Celestron SkyProdigy 130 Computerized Telescope
The smartest telescope in the universe!
Description & Features+
The SkyProdigy’s automatic alignment process takes only a few minutes, then you will be ready to select from thousands of objects to view. Not sure what to look at? Select the Sky Tour option; this feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world!
No knowledge of the night sky is required. One touch innovation turns anyone into an instant astronomer!
Celestron’s SkyProdigy telescope use an integrated imaging camera and patented StarSense Technology to automatically align with the night sky and determine where the telescope is currently pointing. The camera automatically captures an image of the sky, which is processed internally to positively identify the stars in the image. Once a positive match is found, SkyProdigy determines the coordinates of the center of the captured image. The process is automatically repeated two more times so that the system has three known alignment points that can be used to make an accurate model of the night sky. From this information the user can select any celestial object in the hand controller’s database, and SkyProdigy will automatically move itself to the correct position.
*The SkyProdigy’s internal camera does not have an external output allowing users to view or save the captured images. The captured images are used internally solely for the purpose of self-aligning the SkyProdigy telescope.
• Fully Computerized Altazimuth Mount.
• Quick-Release Fork Arm Mount and Optical Tube for Easy, Quick No Tool Set Up.
• Sturdy Stainless Steel Tripod and Accessory Tray.
• Battery Pack Providing over 30 Hours of Power.
• “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images.
• Computerized Mount Features.
• Proven Computer Control Technology.
• Database Allows Telescope to Automatically Locate Over 4,000 Celestial Objects.
• Proprietary StarSense Technology Provides a Completely Automatic Alignment Process with No User Intervention Required.
Flash Upgradeable Hand Control Software for Downloading Product Updates Over the Internet.
From the Manufacturer +
Q & A+