Dragon 12 Basics in French
Get Started with Speech Recognition Software
We're sorry! This product is not available.
Description & Features+
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Basics ignites new levels of fun and freedom by introducing you to speech recognition software for the PC. Dragon recognizes what you say and how you say it so you can interact with your computer using your voice. Say words and watch them appear on the screen — three times faster than typing — with no spelling mistakes. Dictate or edit documents, work with Gmail or Hotmail, search the Web, post to Facebook or Twitter, and more. Get started with Dragon Basics to get more done on your PC faster than ever.
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- CPU: We recommend 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. (Minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor). NOTE: Faster processors yield faster performance. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set is required)
- Processor Cache: We recommend 2 MB L2 cache. (Minimum: 512 KB L2 cache)
- Free hard disk space: 3.2 GB (4 GB for localized non-English versions)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: We recommend 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit, 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 64-bit. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher for online help (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12 or higher, or Google Chrome 16 or higher are required in order to experience the enhanced capabilities in Gmail and Hotmail
- Sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes USB adapters and digital voice recorders).
Note: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process).
*This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.
Top New Features in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12
*Refer to What’s New document for full list
Even More Accurate
- Improved Accuracy: Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11. This means that Dragon gets you, and you get things done, faster than ever. And when you do need to make a correction, Dragon learns, making it more accurate the more that you use it.
Faster Than Ever
- Faster Processors Yield Faster Performance: If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model for you when you create your user profile in order to deliver faster performance.
- Better performance: Dragon 12 boosts performance by delivering easier correction and editing options, and giving you more control over your command preferences, letting you get things done faster than ever before.
Enhanced Web Mail
- Enhanced Experience with Gmail and Hotmail: Dragon 12 enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent actions in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 12 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
- Interactive Tutorial: Proposed at the end of profile creation and available any time from the Help menu, the Interactive Tutorial in Dragon 12 offers short progressive simulations to help you practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. Even experienced Dragon users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
Wideband Bluetooth Support
- Enhanced Bluetooth Support: Dragon 12 adds support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones, and you can get up and running quickly. When it detects that the USB dongle of a certified microphone is plugged into the PC, Dragon 12 offers “Enhanced Bluetooth” as an audio source type and does not require a script reading to get started. (Available in Premium Edition and above).
Smart Format Rules
- Smart Format Rules: Dragon now reaches out to you to adapt upon detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
More Natural Text-to-Speech
- More Natural Text-to-Speech Voice: Dragon 12’s natural-sounding Text-To-Speech reads editable text—with fast-forward, rewind and speed and volume control—for easy proofing and multi-tasking. (Available in Home Edition and Above).
- Correction: When it comes to correcting a word or phrase, Dragon now includes more choices to make it quicker and easier to make a change.
Dragon Remote Mic – Now for Android
- Dragon Remote Microphone App for iOS and now Android: Dragon 12 lets you go wireless with an iOS or Android device and the free Dragon Remote Microphone App. Turn your compatible iPhone, iPod touch (4th gen), iPad or Android device into a wireless microphone for use with Dragon over a WiFi network. And it’s easier than ever to get started – simply use the camera on your device to scan the barcode that Dragon 12 provides on-screen. (Available in Home Edition and above).
- Ignite More Fun At Your PC - Dragon 12 Basics lets you say words and watch them appear on your computer screen. The software is easy to install and fun to use, making even mundane PC tasks a lot more enjoyable. Dragon changes the way you interact with your PC for the better so you can get through your “to-do” list faster than ever before. Once you start using Dragon, you’ll wonder how you managed without it!
- Ignite Comfort And Freedom - With Dragon 12 Basics, you can use your PC in a comfortable, ergonomic way without being tied to your keyboard and mouse. Launch applications, select menu items, “press” keys and switch from one window to another using simple voice commands. Sit back, relax, and start talking to get things done at your PC.
- Ignite Productivity By Turning Talk Into Text - Say words and watch them appear on your computer screen — three times faster than typing — with greater recognition and formatting accuracy than ever before. Dictate documents, Facebook and Twitter posts, emails, and more. You can easily designate documents and emails for Dragon to study so that it “gets” you more quickly. Dragon 12 Basics even updates your voice profile automatically based on your dictation sessions and corrections to deliver better recognition results over time.
- Ignite Creativity By Keeping Up With Your Brain - Just speak to capture your ideas at the speed of thought; don’t let typing, spelling or fear of the blank page slow you down. Dragon 12 Basics delivers greater recognition and formatting accuracy than ever before, letting you transform ideas into text and keep up with your brain. Capture your thoughts quickly and completely, without having to keep your eyes fixed on the screen or keyboard. When it’s time to edit and revise your documents, use Dragon’s commands to breeze through the process. Dragon can even adapt its format rules by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time.
- Ignite Convenience By Using Your Favorite Applications - In addition to DragonPad, the built-in text editor, you can use Dragon 12 Basics with many of your favorite Windows applications. Dictate or edit documents in Microsoft® Word, OpenOffice™ Writer or Corel® WordPerfect®, search the Web using Internet Explorer®, Mozilla® Firefox® or Google Chrome™, post to Facebook or Twitter, and more — all by voice. Dragon 12 Basics even enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail — offering Full Text Control and commands for the most frequent action in Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 10 or higher, and Google Chrome 16 or higher.
- Ignite Ease Of Use Right Out Of The Box - Thanks to the new interactive tutorial’s simulations, you can learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes. The Dragon Help system contains a Tip of the Day window and other easy ways for you to quickly learn what interests you. The Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location. And on-screen help means information is always available when you need it.
Assembled product dimensions: L 2.76 inches x W 5.00 inches x H 7.52 inches x W 0.43 pounds
From the Manufacturer +
Q & A+