Ocean's Pole & Line Flaked Light Tuna
Description & Features+
WHAT IS "POLE & LINE"? Pole & Line is a simple and eco-friendly method of tuna fishing using a hook attached to a pole. It is rated by many conservation groups as the most evnironmentally friendly method of fishing tuna, as it eliminates 'by-catch' of other marine life including sea turtles and sharks.
POINT OF ORIGIN Ocean's Pole & Line tuna is caught in the Maldives in the Indian Ocean. The pole and line fishery yields positive socio-economic benefits for the Maldives including job creation and the development of a sustainable export industry. Ocean's is a founding member of the Pole & Line Foundation.
THE CATCH PROCESS
- Local fishermen carry live bait to attract schools of skipjack tuna to the boat.
- Schools of tuna are found by spotting sea surface disturbance.
- Chumming of live bait causes the tuna to surface around the boat to feed.
- Fishermen proceed to catch the tuna with hook lines and haul the fish into the boat.
- The tuna is then chilled on-board using ice for preservation.
• Rich in protein
• Low in fat
• Low in saturated fat
• Free of trans fat
From the Manufacturer +
Q & A+