Apple Crumble Layer Cake
1 hr 58 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|0.75 cup||Brown Sugar packed, divided|
|2 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|1||Granny Smith Apples peeled, finely chopped|
|0.5 cup||Walnuts divided|
|1 pkg||Yellow Cake mix|
|1 pkg||JELL-O Vanilla Instant Pudding|
|125 g||Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese 1/2 of 250-g pkg.|
|2 cups||Cool Whip Whipped Topping|
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 2 (9-inch) round pans with parchment; spray with cooking spray. Microwave butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted; stir until blended. Pour into prepared pans; spread to evenly cover bottoms. Top with apples. Reserve 1 Tbsp. nuts; sprinkle remaining nuts over apples.
- Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. of the remaining cinnamon with mixer until blended; pour over nuts in pans.
- Bake 28 min. or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Loosen cakes from sides of pans with knife; invert onto wire racks. Gently remove pans and parchment. Cool cakes completely.
- Beat cream cheese, milk, remaining sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl with mixer until well blended. Gently stir in Cool Whip.
- Stack cake layers, crumble sides up, on plate, spreading half the cream cheese mixture between layers. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture onto top of cake; sprinkle with reserved nuts.
Prepare using Philadelphia Light Brick Cream Cheese Spread and Cool Whip Light Whipped Topping.
Keep frosted cake refrigerated.
Dessert can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.