Autumn Corn Chowder
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2 slices||Reduced Sodium Bacon chopped|
|0.5 cup||Leek finely chopped, white parts only|
|1.5 cups||Peeled and chopped butternut squash|
|2 strips||Celery finely chopped|
|2 cups||Corn thawed, frozen corn|
|1 pouch||Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken|
|1 pouch||Knorr® Sidekicks® Harvest Chicken Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish|
- Cook bacon in large saucepot until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from saucepot. Set aside and reserve drippings.
- Cook leek, squash, celery and corn in reserved drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring to boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes. Remove 2 cups of broth and vegetables and set aside.
- Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken and Knorr® Sidekicks® Harvest Chicken Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, process reserved 2 cups broth and vegetables in blender until smooth; stir into saucepot and cook until heated through.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.