Banana, Date and Walnut Muffins
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2 cups||Flour whole wheat|
|0.75 cup||Granulated Sugar|
|0.5 cup||Quick Cooking Oats|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|0.5 tsp||Baking Soda|
|0.5 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|1.25 cups||Bananas ripe and mashed|
|0.75 cup||Plain yogurt low fat|
|0.3 cup||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine melted|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|0.3 cup||Toasted Walnuts coarsely chopped|
|0.75 cup||Pitted Dates chopped|
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F (190 ° C). Spray 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine eggs, yogurt, melted Becel® Buttery Taste margarine, vanilla and bananas in medium bowl.
- Stir banana mixture into flour, then stir in the walnuts and dates. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until muffins are golden, and a toothpick inserted comes out cleaned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minute, then take it out of pan and cool completely.
Please see nutrition information for sugar content.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.