Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large heavy-duty soup pot over medium heat and cook onion with garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add five spice powder and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in squash, apple, broth and juice. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar. Purée soup with immersion blender or in traditional blender in batches until smooth. Return soup to pot; heat through.
- *Tip: Five Spice Powder is used extensively in Chinese cooking and is available in Asian markets and most grocery stores.
- *Variation: Substitute 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) pumpkin pie spice for five spice powder.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.