Carrot and Squash Ginger Soup
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- 1. In large saucepan heat oil over medium heat; cook carrots, onion, ginger and garlic, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in squash, apple, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Puree using immersion blender or in batches with a blender.
- Garnish Tip:Top with thinly sliced Granny Smith apple, sage leaves, shaved Parmesan cheese, grated carrot or a drizzle of olive oil.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.