Cedar-Planked Maple-Glazed Salmon
4 hr 40 min
4 hr 30 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1||Untreated cedar plank (14x7x1 inch)|
|0.5 cup||KRAFT Extra Virgin Olive Oil Aged Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing|
|0.25 cup||Maple Syrup|
|1||Salmon Fillet (2 lb./900 g), centre cut, skin removed|
|1||Red Onion small, thinly sliced, separated into rings|
- Immerse plank in water, placing weight on top of plank to keep it submerged. Soak 4 hours.
- Heat barbecue to medium heat. Place plank on grate of barbecue; close lid. Heat plank 5 min. or until it starts to crackle and smoke. Brush with oil.
- Mix dressing and syrup; pour over salmon in shallow dish. Turn salmon over to evenly coat both sides. Remove salmon from dressing mixture; discard dressing mixture. Place salmon on plank; top with onions. Cover barbecue with lid.
- Grill 20 min. or until salmon flakes easily with fork. Cut into 8 pieces to serve.
Salmon can also be grilled on a piece of heavy-duty foil instead of the cedar plank.
Plank can be soaked overnight before using as directed. While grilling, periodically check the plank, keeping a spray bottle handy. The plank should smoke but not burn. If plank starts to burn, just spray it with the water.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.