Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
1 hr 20 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- For brownie, line a (23x23x5cm) square metal baking pan with aluminum foil; spray lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover pan with cutting board and turn the pan and board over; remove pan, then carefully peel off foil and discard. Using sharp knife, cut brownie into three even strips.
- Place first brownie strip on sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil; spread with one-half of Breyers® Creamery Style™ Dark Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream. Top with second brownie strip; spread with remaining Breyers® Creamery Style™ Dark Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream. Place third brownie strip on top, right side up. Wrap cake tightly in foil and freeze until firm, about 8 hours.
- Remove cake from freezer about 10 minutes before serving. Warm fruit preserves in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, or microwave on MEDIUM (50%) in microwavable bowl, stirring every minute, until melted.
- Cut cake into 8 slices; cut each slice diagonally in half. Place 2 half slices on each dessert plate; stand 1 half slice upright. Spoon warm cherry sauce onto plate around cake. Garnish with cherries, if desired. Serve immediately.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.