Chicken & Sage Risotto
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|4 cups||Reduced sodium chicken broth fat free|
|3 tbsp||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|1 sml||Onion chopped (yellow onion)|
|1 med||Bell Pepper yellow|
|1 cup||Arborio rice|
|1||Clove Garlic finely chopped|
|2 cups||Cooked chicken cut up|
|0.3 cup||Parmesan cheese grated|
|2 tsp||Fresh sage leaves or 1/2 tsp (2mL) dried sage leaves, crumbled|
- Heat broth in medium saucepan over high heat just to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Melt 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large saucepot over medium heat and cook onion and yellow pepper, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Stir in hot broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed and rice is creamy and tender.
- Stir in chicken and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese, sage and remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) margarine.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle, if desired, with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.