Chicken and Country Mushroom Strudel
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 pkg||Knorr® Sidekicks® Country Mushroom Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1 lb||Boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced|
|1||Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced|
|6||Phyllo Dough Sheets|
|0.25 cup||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|1 cup||Baby Spinach leaves|
- Preheat oven to 350° (180°C).
- Prepare Knorr® Sidekicks® Country Mushroom Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish according to package directions; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat and cook shallot 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until chicken is almost done, about 5 minutes. Stir in red pepper and spinach and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir into cooked rice.
- Arrange one sheet of phyllo pastry on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with melted Spread and layer with next sheet of phyllo. Repeat process until all 6 sheets are layered together. Spoon rice mixture along one long side of pastry, 3 in. (7.5 cm) in from edge. Fold edge of pastry over filling and roll strudel until entire filling is enclosed and seam is on bottom. Brush with remaining Spread. Bake strudel until golden and crisp, about 25 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes; slice and serve.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.