Chilling Graveyard Ice Cream Cake
8 hr 15 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 pkg||Devil's food cake mix|
|1 container||Breyers® Ice Cream your favorite|
|2 containers||Chocolate Frosting|
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions baking in two (20cm) square baking pans according to package directions. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Trim tops of cakes to flatten. Wrap cakes in aluminum foil and freeze at least 2 hours.
- Remove foil and arrange 1 cake layer on serving platter. Scoop on your favourite Breyers® Ice Cream, smoothing to form even layer. Top with second cake. Freeze 6 hours or overnight.
- Frost cake with 1 can frosting; return to freezer.
- For decorations, write spooky messages or draw cats, bats and witches on cookies with gel. Cut off top halves of circus peanuts with scissors for "fingers". Snip gumdrops for "fingernails".
- Spoon remaining frosting unevenly onto cake to make "graveyard ground". Sprinkle cake with cookie crumbs for "dirt". Press decorations into frosting. Add gummy worms and "fingers".
- *Graveyard Decorations: 7 chocolate-filled oblong chocolate and/or vanilla sandwich cookies, black, white, orange, and purple cake decorating gels, 20 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (about 1 cup/250mL), 5 circus peanut candies, 5 red gumdrops and gummy worms.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.