Classic Peach Pie
1 hr 40 min
1 hr 25 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Position rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat to 425F. Place 1 pie shell on a baking sheet. Set aside remaining pie shell.
- Peel peaches and slice into thick wedges. You should have about 6 cups. Transfer peaches to a large bowl.
- Stir 1/4 cup sugar with cornstarch, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over peaches and toss until evenly coated. Mound peaches and any juices into pie shell on baking sheet.
- Remove remaining pie shell from foil plate and place on a cutting board. Cut into twelve 3/4-in. strips. Lay half of pastry strips vertically across pie, leaving 1/2 in. between strips. Fold back every other strip, then lay a new strip horizontally. Straighten folded strips back across pie. Fold back alternate strips, then place a new strip horizontally above the first one, leaving 1/2 in. between strips. Repeat until pie is completely covered.
- Fold bottom pastry over lattice strips to seal. Crimp with a fork. Lightly brush lattice with beaten egg. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp sugar.
- Bake on bottom third of oven for 10 min. Reduce heat to 350F. Continue baking until filling is bubbly, about 45 more min. Loosely cover with foil halfway through to prevent over browning.
- Transfer to a rack and cool 30 min before cutting into wedges.
Photographer Erik Putz
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.