Creamy Mash with Kale and Bacon
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water, 20 minutes until fork tender. Drain well. Return to pan; cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 6 minutes until crisp. With slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the fat in pan. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add kale; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until kale is wilted and tender. Add soup and sour cream to pan. Cook until hot but not boiling, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Add soup, half of the reserved bacon, salt and all but a pinch of the pepper (optional) to potatoes; stir just until combined. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and pepper (optional).
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.