Fall is Here!
Allergy-free kids’ lunch
- Buy a good lunch bag. This will keep the food fresh.
- Healthy snacks. Pack fresh fruit or veggie sticks (carrots, celery).
- Yogurt or milk. For your child with allergies to dairy, try soy or rice milk or coconut yogurt.
- Sandwiches or wraps. Use gluten-free breads or wraps with fresh salad and a cold cut.
- Home-made treats. Make nut-free snack bars, cookies or muffins
- Water bottle. Don’t forget to include a water bottle.
- Fun desserts. Make a fruit jelly, using gelatin and pureed fruit. Avoid fruits that cause allergies.
Fall months are prime time for head lice. If your child has head lice… don't think twice!
- Ask your Walmart pharmacist for a medicated shampoo or rinse that will kill the lice
- Wash all clothing, bed linens and toys in hot water and vacuum carpets and furniture
- Check other children in the house for head lice
New senior routines
- Pick up a new hobby
- Learn something new
- Play with your grandkids
- Visit a museum
- Travel somewhere new
Good health can be achieved with proper nutrition and management of your health-related symptoms.
Here are some tips:
- Get a good sleep
- Get your flu shot
- Walk at least 30 minutes a day
- Eat high-fiber and calcium-rich fruits and vegetables
- Live pain free. Pain is a common complaint among seniors. However, there are treatment options you can use to managing it. The pharmacist at Walmart can help
- In Canada, nearly 30% of men and 55% of women over 65 have urinary incontinence. Don’t let it prevent you from enjoying your favourite activity. Ask your Walmart pharmacist for advice