French toast with citrus salad
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Cut a thin piece from top and bottom of orange and grapefruit. Place cut side down on a cutting board. Slicing downward, cut away peel and pith. Segment grapefruit. Cut orange into rounds. Peel and segment clementines. Set aside.
- Slice baguette, slightly on the bias, into slices about 3/4-in. thick. You should have 24 to 28 pieces in total.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl. Whisk until evenly mixed. (If using pre-sliced bread, use the larger amounts listed.)
- Pour half of egg mixture into a wide, shallow bowl. (If using pre-sliced bread, you may need to work in batches.) Lightly coat a large frying pan with cooking spray. Set over medium heat. Add 1 to 2 tsp butter. Swirl to coat. If needed, remove from heat while dipping bread into egg mixture. Let bread stand in egg mixture for 1 min per side. (If using pre-sliced bread, dip just until each side begins to soak up a bit of egg mixture, 10 to 15 sec.)
- Place soaked bread in frying pan, adjusting heat as needed. Cook until golden, 2 to 3 min per side. Repeat with remaining bread, cooking in batches. Divide among plates. Top with fruit and drizzle with maple syrup.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.