French Vanilla Cake with Buttercream Frosting
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Mix cake mix, eggs, milk, oil and extract in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just to moisten, scraping sides of bowl often. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes longer. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-in (33x22 cm) baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven according to package directions or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat 1 cup (250 mL) butter in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Mix in extract. Gradually beat in icing sugar, 1 cup (250 mL) at a time, on low speed until well blended. Add milk; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Spread evenly over cooled cake.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.