Frosty snow cakes
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 Box||White cake mix without pudding (18.25 oz.)|
|1 cup||Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt 8 oz. (yogurt containing gelatin is not recommended)|
|0.33 cup||Vegetable Oil|
|1 cup||Large Flake Quaker Oats or Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked)|
|1 qt||Vanilla Ice Cream premium (light/reduced fat ice cream is not recommended)|
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line 24 medium muffin cups with paper or foil baking cups; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, egg whites, yogourt, water and oil with electric mixer according to package directions. Gently fold in oats. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and allow to soften just enough so it can be mixed. Transfer to chilled bowl; stir just until ice cream is spreadable but still holds its shape.
- Working quickly, “frost” each cupcake with softened ice cream. Place frosted cupcakes on tray and return to freezer to firm up slightly, no more than 30 minutes.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.