Gingerbread Men Cookies
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Roll out dough to ¼-in (0.5 cm) thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-in (13 cm) cookie cutter. Place 1-in (2.5 cm) on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies as desired. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
- Almond Gingerbread Cookies: Prepare and refrigerate dough as directed. Shape into 1-in (2.5 cm) balls. Roll in 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) sliced almonds, pressing almonds into dough. Place 2-in (5 cm) apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven 8-10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Makes 5 dozen.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.