Ham & Shrimp Jambalaya
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2 tbsp||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|2||Stalk Celery chopped|
|2||Clove Garlic finely chopped|
|1 can||Tomato diced, drained (reserve 1/2 cup/125 mL juice)|
|5 cups||Brown Rice cooked|
|0.5 lb||Shrimp uncooked jumbo, peeled, deveined and tails removed|
|0.75 cup||Ham cubed cooked, 1/2 inch (1,5 cm)|
|0.75 cup||Frozen cut green beans|
|0.5 cup||Green Bell Pepper finely chopped|
|2 tsp||Dried oregano leaves|
|0.5 tsp||Dried thyme leaves crushed|
|0.5 tsp||Hot Sauce|
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish; set aside.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large saucepan over medium heat and cook celery and onion, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and reserved juice and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Season, if desired, with ground black pepper.
- Turn rice mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake covered 30 minutes or until heated through.
- *Becel® Gold in Quebec
- **Use more or less according to taste.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.