Hearty Half-Hour Beef Stew
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1||Our Finest Pot Roast|
|1 tbsp||Great Value Butter unsalted|
|Sweet onion medium sweet onion, peeled & diced|
|2||Carrot medium carrots, peeled & cut into rounds|
|1 pkg||Great Value Roast Gravy Mix|
|2 cups||Great Value Reduced Sodium Beef Broth|
|1 can||Great Value Whole White Potatoes drained & halved|
|1 can||Great Value Whole Mushrooms drained|
|0.75 cup||Great Value Frozen Green Peas|
- Cut off one corner of the pot roast bag. Squeeze gravy into a medium sized bowl, set aside. Remove pot roast from packaging and cut into bite-sized chunks using a fork and sharp knife, set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat the butter over medium-high. Add onion and carrots, sauté 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- Combine beef broth and gravy mix with the reserved pot roast gravy. When onions and carrots are soft, add gravy mixture and bring to a boil; simmer 1-2 minutes, stirring often, or until thickened.
- Add halved potatoes and mushrooms to the stew. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-10 minutes stirring often.
- Gently stir through the pot roast chunks and frozen peas, being careful not to break up the meat too much. Simmer 5 minutes longer or until the beef and peas are heated through.
- Defrost the pot roast in the fridge overnight or submerge the bag in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread on the side to soak up all the delicious gravy.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.