What is blood pressure?
What’s my BP target?
How often should I check my BP?
How can I manage my BP?
- Consume a healthy diet:
- Low in salt and fat
- High in fibre (you may want to consider a fibre supplement – ask the Pharmacist at Walmart for more information)
- High in fruit and vegetables
- Limit fast food and prepared foods
- Participate in regular physical activity for 30 to 60 minutes most days. Walking is a good place to start
- If you are a smoker, quit smoking
- If you consume alcohol, don’t exceed 14 drinks per week for men and 7 drinks per week for women
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Reduce stress in your life
Do I need medication?
Healthy food choices
This information should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your physician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances. If you have questions about your symptoms, ask the Pharmacist at Walmart for more information, and/or contact your doctor.