Ice Cream Celebration Cake
2 hr 20 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Remove half the ice cream sandwiches from freezer. Arrange in bottom of a 9x13” (22x33cm) glass baking dish and press into place; 9 ½ sandwiches should fit comfortably. Spread ¾ cup (175 mL) jam over the sandwiches. Return to freezer for 15-20 minutes; at the same time remove the ice cream so it can soften.
- When soft enough to spread, transfer the ice cream to a bowl and mix gently to soften further. It should still be frozen, but the consistency of soft serve. Spread the softened ice cream over strawberry jam into an even layer. Return to freezer for 15 minutes so the ice cream can firm up.
- Prepare instant vanilla pudding according to package directions. Beat in half the tub of whipped topping until smooth; set aside.
- Remove dish from freezer and spread over remaining jam. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches. Evenly spread over the pudding mixture; return to freezer for 1-2 hours or until completely set.
- Before serving, remove dish from freezer and spread over remaining whipped topping. Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries. If too firm to cut, allow the cake to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.