Lemon blueberry oatmeal muffins
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1.75 cups||Large Flake Quaker Oats or Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked), divided|
|2 tbsp||Brown Sugar firmly packed|
|1 cup||All Purpose Flour (add an additional 2 tablespoons if using old fashioned oats)|
|0.5 cup||Granulated Sugar|
|1 tbsp||Baking Powder|
|0.25 tsp||Salt (optional)|
|1 cup||Skim Milk|
|2||Egg whites lightly beaten|
|2 tbsp||Vegetable Oil|
|1 tsp||Lemon peel grated|
|1 cup||Blueberries fresh or frozen (do not thaw)|
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups. For topping, combine 1/4 cup oats and brown sugar; set aside.
- For muffins, combine 1 1/2 cups oats with remaining dry ingredients in large bowl; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, egg whites, oil, lemon peel and vanilla; mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir until moistened. Gently stir in berries. Fill muffin cups almost full; sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack for five minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.