Make-Ahead "Cinnamon Bun" Casserole
1 hr 15 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Cut each bread slice diagonally in half twice to make 4 small triangles. Stand, with points up, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix 3/4 cup cream cheese and brown sugar in large bowl until blended. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reserve 1 Tbsp. milk. Gradually whisk remaining milk into cream cheese mixture; pour over bread. Refrigerate 12 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake casserole, uncovered, 40 to 50 min. or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean and top is golden brown.
- Mix remaining cream cheese, icing sugar and reserved milk in small bowl until blended. Drizzle over casserole; sprinkle with nuts.
Prepare using your favourite sweet bread, and substituting chocolate chips for the pecans.
This delicious make-ahead casserole can be refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking as directed.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.