Make-Ahead Garlic & Herb Smashed Potatoes
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Preheat oven to 425F. Boil potatoes in large pan of salted water until tender, about 12 min. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a skillet. Add garlic and cook until garlic is softened, about 3 min. Stir in salt and parsley. Season with fresh pepper.
- Lay potatoes on 2 rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment. Flatten each potato with the back of a measuring cup or bowl. Brush potatoes with butter mixture. Bake until potatoes begin to brown and are warmed through, about 20-25 min. Sprinkle with chives before serving.
- Make-ahead: Boil potatoes and make butter mixture as directed. Cover and refrigerate each. When ready to cook, preheat oven and flatten potatoes on parchment-lined baking sheets. Warm butter mixture in the microwave. Brush butter mixture over potatoes; bake as directed.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.