Mini burgers with secret vegetables
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Whirl mushrooms with onion and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat a large, wide non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 2 tsp oil, then mushroom mixture and 1/4 tsp salt. Cook until soft, about 5 min. Let cool slightly.
- Crumble meat into a large bowl. Stir in vegetables, egg, bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Season with pepper.
- Heat the same non-stick frying pan over medium. Add remaining 1 tsp oil. Shape meat mixture into 6 burgers, each about 1/4 in. thick. Press a shallow depression in centre of each to help keep their shape during cooking. Add to pan and cook 3 to 4 min. Flip and cover pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until burgers are cooked through, 4 to 5 more min. Serve in toasted buns with your favourite toppings.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.