Modern Margherita Pizza
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2||Mint leaves handfuls|
|0.5 cup||Tomato sauce|
|200 g||Goat cheese thinly sliced|
- Make pizza dough. Food stylist bought store made dough, but home made recipe is below if you need it.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets with oil. Cut half of tomatoes in half (leave the rest whole). Finely chop half of the mint leaves and mix with about 1 tsp olive oil.
- Cut pizza dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each out into a round on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to baking sheets.
- Top each pizza base with a very thin layer of tomato sauce, spreading right to the edges. Top with cheese slices, sliced and whole tomatoes, and chopped mint. Bake in 2 batches, 12 to 16 min each, or until crusts are golden. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with remaining mint leaves and freshly ground pepper.
1 cup warm water
1 tsp granul1ated sugar
8-g packet quick-rise or regular dry yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt, or 1 tbsp kosher salt
2 tbsp all-purpose flour, if needed
- Pour water into a large bowl or measuring cup. Water should be between 100F (38C) and 110F (45C), slightly higher than body temperature. Stir in sugar, then yeast. Let stand until mixture is foamy on top, from 5 to 10 min, then stir in oil.
- Meanwhile, whirl 3 cups (750 mL) flour and salt in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. While whirling, slowly pour in yeast-oil mixture until it begins to form a ball. If dough doesn’t come together, pulse in another 2 tbsp (15 mL) flour.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, then dust your hands with flour. Using the base of your palm, knead several times, rotating the dough a quarter turn after each knead, until it forms a smooth ball.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl. Turn to coat evenly. Spray a piece of waxed paper with oil and place on top of bowl. Cover with a damp cloth. Leave dough in a warm place until it doubles in size, 30 to 60 min. Remove it to a floured surface. Punch down. Use right away, refrigerate in a sealed plastic bag up to 2 days, or freeze up to 1 month.
- To bake, place rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat to 500F (260C). Oil a pizza pan or large baking sheet or sprinkle it with cornmeal. Stretch, press or roll out dough on counter or piece of parchment. Slide dough or parchment onto pan. Pull out paper. Add toppings. Bake until bottom of dough is golden, 10 to 15 min.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.