1 hr 25 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Prepare dough, letting it rise for 1 hour. When ready to bake, position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 500F. Lightly oil 2 large baking sheets.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tbsp oil, then onion and garlic. Stir often, until onion starts to soften, about 3 min. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Stir frequently, until mushrooms lose most of their moisture, about 4 min. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Lay dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 8 pieces. Mould a portion into a flattened round. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll it into a 6-in. circle. Scoop a small portion of filling onto lower half of circle, leaving a 1-in. border.
- Brush border with cold water. Fold top half of circle over filling. Firmly press edges together, then crimp with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Arrange calzones on baking sheets. Brush with remaining oil. Let dough rise at room temperature, uncovered, 10 min. Bake on top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through until puffed and golden, 15 to 17 min.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.