Oatmeal gingerbread cookies
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 cup||Butter softened, or margarine|
|0.75 cup||Brown Sugar firmly packed|
|3.33 cups||All Purpose Flour|
|1.5 cups||Large Flake Quaker Oats or Quick Quaker Oats (uncooked)|
|1 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|1 tsp||Ground Ginger|
|0.5 tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|0.5 tsp||Baking Soda|
|0.25 tsp||Salt (optional)|
|Ready to spread frosting|
- Beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Add molasses and egg; beat well. Add combined flour, oats, spices, baking soda and salt; mix well. Cover; chill about 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- On floured surface, roll dough out about 1/4 inch thick for a chewy cookie or 1/8 inch thick for a crisp cookie. Cut with 5 inch gingerbread man or woman cookie cutter. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Frost and decorate cookies with candies. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
For gift giving: Create cookie ornaments by cutting a hole near top of cookie with drinking straw before baking. Repeat immediately after baking if hole closes. Cool and decorate. Thread narrow ribbon through hole at top and tie into a bow.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.