Pear Ginger Upside Down Cake
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|3 med||Pears or Bartlett, peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp||Lemon Juice|
|0.5 cup||Becel® Original margarine|
|0.25 cup||Almonds silvered, toasted|
|1 tbsp||Lemon peel grated|
|1 cup||All Purpose Flour|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|2 tbsp||2% Milk|
|0.25 cup||Ginger finely chopped candied|
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Toss pears with lemon juice; drain, reserving juice.
- Grease 9 inch (23 cm) springform pan with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Becel® Original margarine, then sprinkle with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) sugar and almonds. Arrange pears in circle in bottom of springform pan; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel® Original margarine with 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, lemon peel and reserved juice; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl. Stir 1/2 of the flour mixture into the batter, mixing well. Stir in milk, then remaining flour mixture. Fold in candied ginger. Spoon batter evenly over pears.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove to wire rack and let stand 5 minutes. Invert serving plate over pan and turn out cake. Serve at room temperature and, if desired, with caramel sauce.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.