Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Microwave chocolate chips in large microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1 ½-2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in peppermint & mint extract.
- Spread on large foil-lined baking sheet to ¼-in (0.5 cm) thickness. Add food colour, drop by drop, over mixture. Using a wooden skewer, swirl colour through chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candies, pressing lightly into chocolate with spatula.
- Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until firm. Break into irregular pieces to serve. Store in covered container at cool room temperature or in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Substitute 12 oz (375 g) white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped, for the white chocolate chips.
- Before sprinkling on the peppermint candies, sift the crushed candies through a fine strainer to remove any ultrafine dust-like pieces.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.