Pesto Pasta with Chicken, Zucchini & Peppers
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 pkg||Penne Pasta whole wheat|
|0.25 cup||Sun-dried tomatoes|
|1 cup||Fresh Basil|
|0.5 cup||Flat leaf parsley|
|3 tbsp||Becel® Salt-Free margarine|
|2 cups||Fresh zucchini chopped|
|1.5 cups||Red Bell Pepper sliced, or/and yellow bell peppers|
|2 cups||Cooked chicken cut up|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; drain and keep warm.
- Process garlic in food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add sun-dried tomatoes, basil and parsley; process until blended. Add 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Becel® Salt-Free margarine and process until blended.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Becel® Salt-Free margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook zucchini, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Add red peppers and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with basil pesto, vegetables and chicken.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.