Potato & Corn Chowder
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 tbsp||Great Value Butter unsalted|
|Sweet onion medium sweet onion, peeled & diced|
|Clove Garlic 1-2, minced|
|1 carton||Great Value Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth|
|3 tbsp||Great Value Corn Starch|
|1 can||Great Value Diced White Potatoes 540 mL|
|1 can||Great Value No Salt Added Peaches and Cream Whole Kernel Corn 341 mL|
|1 can||Great Value Creamed Corn|
|0.5 tsp||Great Value Iodized Table Salt|
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium-high. Add onion and garlic, sauté 4-6 minutes or until softened and just starting to brown. Add broth and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl combine cream and corn starch until smooth. Slowly add cream mixture to the simmering broth while stirring constantly. Return to simmer; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 2-3 minutes longer, stirring constantly, or until thickened. Add potatoes, corn kernels, creamed corn, and salt; simmer 5 minutes longer to heat through.
- To make this vegetarian, replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth or use water and increase the salt to 1 tsp (5 mL)
- To spice things up, add some Great Value Cayenne Pepper to the chowder while simmering or finish with a dash of Great Value Sizzlin’ Hot Sauce.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.