Red Curry Veggie Rice
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|3 tbsp||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|1 sml||Sweet onion finely chopped|
|2 lrg||Carrot peeled and diced|
|2 cups||Cauliflower florets small, finely chopped|
|1 tbsp||Thai red curry paste|
|1 cup||Basmati rice|
|2 cups||Reduced sodium chicken broth|
|1 tbsp||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|1 can||Chick Peas no salt added, rinsed and drained|
|1 cup||Frozen Peas sweet|
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large saucepot over medium heat and cook onion, carrots and cauliflower, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until rice is coated well, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, vinegar and chick peas. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 17 minutes.
- Stir in peas and cook covered until rice is tender, about 3 minutes.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.