Salmon on Veggie and Leek Lentils
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2 tsp||Olive Oil|
|1||Onion finely chopped|
|1||Leek white and light green parts only, finely chopped|
|1||Celery stalk, finely chopped|
|2||Fresh thyme sprigs (or 0.5 tsp dried thyme)|
|0.5 tsp||Salt & Pepper each|
|1.5 cups||Dried Lentils green|
|2 cups||Chicken Broth or vegetable broth|
|2 cups||Fresh water|
|2||Fresh zucchini 1 green, 1 yellow, cubed|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|Salt & Pepper to taste|
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, leek, celery and garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, stirring until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add lentils, chicken broth and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, adding more water if mixture dries out, until lentils are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini; cover and cook until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush salmon with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil on foil-covered baking sheet, 3 inches (8 cm) from heat, until fish flakes easily when tested, about 6 minutes.à
- To serve, divide lentil mixture among 4 plates. Divide salmon and serve with lemon wedges.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.