Saucy Thai Chicken over Jasmine Rice
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 tbsp||Reduced sodium soy sauce|
|4 tsp||Lime Juice|
|2 tsp||Sesame Oil|
|1 lb||Boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1 pkg||Knorr® Demi-Glace Classic Roast Gravy Mix combined with 300 mL water|
|1 tbsp||Brown Sugar|
|0.5 cup||Light Coconut Milk|
|4 cups||Assorted fresh vegetables such as carrots, bell pepper and/or onions|
|0.25 cup||Basil leaves|
|1 cup||Jasmine Rice hot and cooked|
- Combine 10 mL soy sauce, 15 mL lime juice and sesame oil in medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, combine Knorr® Demi-glace Classic Roast Gravy Mix combined with water, brown sugar, remaining 5 mL soy sauce, remaining 5 mL lime juice and coconut milk in medium bowl.
- Preheat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken with marinade, stirring occasionally, until chicken is almost thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Stir vegetables into same skillet and cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and gravy mixture. Bring just to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 1 minute. Stir in 45 mL basil leaves.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with remaining basil.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.