Savoury Cheese & Leek Scones
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Combine Knorr® Cream of Leek recipe mix with water in small saucepan with wire whisk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in cream; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder and pepper in large bowl. Stir in cheese. Stir in soup mixture and stir until mixture just holds together, stirring in teaspoons of cold water if needed. (Dough will be sticky).
- Gently knead dough on lightly floured surface with floured hands until dough holds together. Shape dough into two 8-inch circles. Cut each circle with floured knife into 12 wedges. Arrange wedges on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cool on wire racks.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.