Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2 tbsp||Becel® Original margarine|
|2||Clove Garlic finely chopped|
|0.75 lb||Shrimp medium and uncooked|
|1 cup||Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced|
|1 cup||Green Bell Pepper thinly sliced|
|1 med||Onion chopped|
|1 cup||Long grain rice uncooked|
|2.5 cups||Regular Water|
|1||Knorr® OXO® 25% Less Salt Chicken Bouillon Sachet|
|0.25 tsp||Ground Black Pepper|
|0.25 cup||Parmesan cheese grated|
- Melt 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Becel® Original margarine in large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat and cook 1 clove garlic with shrimp, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Stir in bell peppers and cook 2 minutes; remove from pan. Add remaining Becel® Original margarine and cook remaining garlic and onion until onions are almost tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in uncooked rice and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add water and stir until almost absorbed. Stir in OXO blended with water and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover and simmer over low heat 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in cheese. Return shrimp and bell peppers to pan; heat through. Garnish, if desired, with chopped parsley.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.