Smoky brie with blueberry sauce
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- PLACE cedar plank in kitchen sink, large bucket or pan. Cover with water. Weigh plank down with a couple of heavy cans so it stays submerged. Soak at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- STIR orange juice with cornstarch in a bowl until dissolved. Place shallot, butter and blueberries in a foil pie plate. Sprinkle with salt. Stir in juice mixture. Tightly cover plate with foil.
- HEAT barbecue to high. Then reduce heat on one side of barbecue to medium. Place plank on medium side and pie plate with blueberries on high side. Barbecue with lid closed so plank starts to smoke, about 5 min. Then place cheese on plank. Continue grilling, with lid closed, until cheese starts to soften and berries turn saucy, about 10 min. You don’t have to stir berries. Check plank often in case it catches fire. If this happens, immediately spray with water, then reduce heat under plank.
- TURN off grill and carefully remove pan with berry sauce. Stir in basil, then pour sauce into a pretty serv¬ing bowl. Using a wide spatula, place cheese on a cutting board or plate. Serve with blueberry sauce on the side and a mix of crackers, flatbread or slices of baguette.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.