So Good Pumpkin Pie
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|150 ml||All Purpose Flour|
|150 ml||Whole wheat flour|
|75 ml||Becel Buttery Taste margarine|
|60 ml||Ice water|
|15 ml||Plain yogurt|
|5 ml||White vinegar|
|1 can||Unsweetened pure pumpkin puree 398 mL|
|250 ml||Evaporated milk|
|150 ml||Brown Sugar|
|2 ml||Nutmeg ground|
|Allspice a pinch|
|Salt a pinch|
- In a medium bowl, stir flour with salt. Using your finger tips or pastry cutter, mix in Becel® Buttery Taste margarine just until large crumbs begin to form. Whisk water with yogurt and vinegar. While stirring flour mixture with a fork, gradually add just enough water mixture for dough to come together. Gather into a ball and place on a large piece of plastic wrap. Fold plastic wrap overtop, then use plastic to flatten dough into a disc. Seal with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pumpkin with evaporated milk, egg, egg whites, sugar, vanilla, spices and salt until evenly blended.
- Set oven rack on bottom shelf of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Roll dough between large pieces of plastic wrap to form a circle measuring about 12-inches (30 cm). Discard top piece of plastic and ease dough into pie plate. If dough is a little sticky, brush with flour. Trim dough so only ½-inch (1 cm) of dough overhangs pie plate. Then fold overhanging dough so it meets the edge of the pie plate. Crimp edges.
- Spoon in filling, smoothing surface. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and continue to bake for 20-30 minutes until centre of pie is just set when wiggled. Cool completely.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.