Spaghetti squash and mushroom tetrazzini
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 10 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|28 g||Porcini Mushrooms|
|1 cup||Apple Juice|
|3 kg||Spaghetti squash|
|2 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|4 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|454 g||Cremini mushrooms sliced|
|43 g||All Purpose Flour|
|2 tsp||Dried basil|
|1 cup||Grated parmesan|
|2 cups||Part-skim shredded mozzarella|
|3 med||Plum tomato thinly sliced|
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Crumble dried mushrooms in a medium bowl. Add apple juice and let soak 10 min. Use a knife to make small slits all over the surface of squash. Place each in a glass pie plate.
- Microwave on high, turning squash over halfway through, until tender, 12 to 15 min. Slice in half lengthwise. Let stand 10 min. Scoop out and discard seeds. Use the tines of a fork to scrape out squash strands. Reserve.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, garlic and cremini mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms soften and liquid evaporates, about 8 min. Add flour, basil, salt, nutmeg and soaked dried mushrooms and juice. Season with fresh pepper. Cook, stirring often, 1 min. Stir in milk. Cook until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 min. Remove from heat, then stir in mozzarella and squash strands.
- Scoop squash mixture into a 9 x 13-in. baking dish. Smooth top. Top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake until bubbly, 15 to 20 min.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.