Strawberries and cream tart
1 hr 30 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1.5 cups||All Purpose Flour|
|4 tbsp||Granulated Sugar|
|1 tbsp||Lemon zest|
|0.5 tsp||Table Salt|
|10 tbsp||Great Value Unsalted Butter chilled, cubed|
|4 tbsp||Cold Water|
|0.5 cup||Whipped cream|
|250 g||Cream Cheese|
|60 ml||Butter melted|
|1 tsp||Lemon zest|
|0.5 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|3 cups||Strawberries whole|
|5 tbsp||Apricot Jam 1 tsp|
- Combine flour with sugar, lemon zest and salt in a food processor. Whirl once to combine. Add in butter, one cube at a time, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse sand. With the processor running, pour in water and whirl just until dough comes together.
- Scrape dough onto a floured surface and form into a ball. Flatten into a disc, then roll into a 12-in. circle. Lift dough into a 10-in. tart pan with a removable bottom. Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan. Trim off excess. Prick the bottom with a fork and freeze dough for 35 min.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Bake tart shell until golden brown and fully cooked, about 20 to 25 min. Let cool on wire rack.
- Whip whipping cream with an electric mixer in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer in a large bowl until fluffy, about 2 min. Add butter and beat for 1 more minute. Set mixer speed to low, and beat in icing sugar until combined. Stir in lemon zest and vanilla. Fold in whipped cream until combined.
- Spoon mixture into cooled tart shell. Smooth top using the back of a spoon.
- Warm jam in a small saucepan on medium-low heat until runny.
- Remove stems from strawberries. Wash and dry well. Dip 1 strawberry at a time in warm jam to glaze. (If jam is too thick, add 1 tbsp of water to thin.) Place stem-side-down overtop of filling. Repeat until top of tart is covered with berries. Chill until ready to serve.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.