Tangy Crunchy Chicken
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|500 g||Boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb)|
|75 ml||Fat-Free Greek Yogurt (1/3 cup) - or plain low fat|
|15 ml||Fresh Parsley (1 Tbsp) - chopped|
|5 ml||Fresh thyme (1 tsp) - chopped/ or 2 mL (½ tsp) dried thyme|
|1 lrg||Clove Garlic minced|
|1 Pinch||Ground Black Pepper|
|500 ml||Bran Cereal (2 cups) - flakes|
|15 ml||Grated parmesan (1 Tbsp)|
|45 ml||Ketchup (3 Tbsp)|
|15 ml||Great Value Liquid Honey (1 Tbsp)|
|5 ml||Dijon Mustard (1 tsp)|
- Cut chicken breasts crosswise into 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide strips; set aside.
- In shallow bowl, combine yogurt, parsley, thyme, garlic and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat well. Let stand for 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Crush bran flakes in resealable bag; add cheese. Toss chicken with cereal mixture and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in 200 C (400 F) oven for 15 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, stir together ketchup, honey and mustard. Serve with chicken.Step.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.