Tex-mex tortilla lasagna
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|3 tsp||Olive Oil|
|450 g||Ground pork lean|
|1 sml||Onion finely diced|
|1 clove||Garlic finely diced|
|227 g||Mushrooms chopped|
|1.5 tsp||Chilli Powder|
|0.5 tsp||Dried oregano leaves|
|1 can||Tomato sauce|
|2 tsp||Brown Sugar|
|1 can||Black Beans drained and rinsed|
|4 cups||Baby Spinach leaves|
|3 med||Flour Tortillas 10-inch|
|2 cups||Shredded Cheddar Cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a 9-in. pie plate with oil. Place on a baking sheet.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then meat. Cook, stirring to break up meat, until no pink remains, about 2 min. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Cook until onion is soft. Stir in tomato sauce and brown sugar. Gently boil until sauce reduces slightly, 5 min. Stir in beans and 2 cups spinach.
- Assemble lasagna by placing a tortilla on the bottom of pie plate. Spread 1-1/3 cups mixture in a layer over tortilla. Scatter remaining 2 cups spinach, then 2/3 cup of cheese overtop, pressing down on the tortilla as you layer. Repeat.
- Bake in centre of oven, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 20 min. Let stand for 5 min before cutting into wedges.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.