Tips: Asthma & Allergy Symptoms
Managing your asthma symptoms
More asthma management tips
Tips for Preventing Seasonal Allergies
- Look for patterns to recognize the triggers that may be causing your seasonal allergies.
- Pollen counts measure how much pollen is in the air and can help people with allergies determine symptom severity. See: http://www.theweathernetwork.com/outdoors/pollen/list
- Pollen counts are usually higher in the morning and on warm, dry, breezy days. Limit your outdoor activities to reduce your exposure to pollens. Keep your windows closed, and use air conditioning if possible.
Common Allergen Seasonal Calendar
- Tree pollens are worst in the spring
- Grass allergens are worst in the spring or summer
- Weed pollens are worst in the summer or fall
- Wash bedding with a hot cycle every week and replace your pillow every year.
- Vacuum and dust often and where possible, replace carpeting with hard floors.
- Use a high-efficiency particle air (HEPA) filter in your home.
- If possible, keep pets outdoors or away from main living areas.
This information should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your physician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances. If you have questions about your symptoms, ask the Pharmacist at Walmart for more information, and/or contact your doctor.