Tomato and Mozzarella Quinoa Pesto Salad
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2.50 cups||CAMPBELL'S® Ready to Use Low Sodium Chicken Broth|
|2 cups||packed fresh basil leaves|
|0.50 cup||Olive Oil|
|0.25 cup||toasted pine nuts|
|0.25 cup||freshly grated parmesan cheese|
|0.50 tbsp||each salt and fresh cracked pepper|
|2 cups||cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size|
|2 cups||fresh mozzarella, torn into bite sized pieces|
|0.50 cup||finely diced red onion|
|0.25 cup||each fresh chopped parsley and basil|
- Place quinoa and 2 ¼ cups of Campbell's broth in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed; about 15 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- In a blender, combine basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add the remaining ¼ cup (60 mL) of broth and blend to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella and red onion. Toss with quinoa, pesto, parsley, and basil until well blended.
- Grill or char lemons on the grill or in a pan. Serve salad on a platter with lemons and squeeze lemons over just before serving.
- Make ahead: Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- PLANNING TO COOK GLUTEN-FREE? Before preparing a recipe always read product labels to ensure each ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredients can change.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.