Traditional Stuffed Turkey
3 hr 50 min
3 hr 30 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 pkg||Club House Low Sodium Turkey Gravy|
|2 cups||Celery diced|
|2 cups||Onion diced|
|1 tsp||Club House Ground Sage|
|1 tsp||Club House Oregano Leaves|
|1 tsp||Club House Parsley Flakes|
|1 tsp||Club House Poultry Seasoning|
|Club House Garlic Powder|
|Club House Coarse Grind Black Pepper|
|1||French baguette ½ in (1 cm) diced|
|14 lbs||Whole turkey|
|2 tbsp||Vegetable Oil|
|2 tsp||Club House Garlic Salt|
|1||White Onion coarsely chopped|
|1||Carrot coarsely chopped|
|1||Celery coarsely chopped|
- Prepare gravy according to package directions.
- In a skillet over medium–high heat, sauté onions & celery in butter for 3 minutes.
- Add frozen cranberries, sage, oregano, parsley, poultry seasoning, garlic powder and ½ tsp (2 mL) pepper. Pour into large bowl and combine with bread cubes and gravy. Mix well and cool.
- Take turkey out of packaging. Remove neck and giblets; reserve. Rinse turkey under running cold water and pat with paper towel ensuring cavity is dry.
- Place the stuffing in the main cavity of the bird and fold the drum sticks to secure. Fill the small pocket at the neck folding the wings over the skin to seal the opening.
- In small bowl, combine oil, garlic salt and remaining pepper. Rub over the exterior of the bird.
- In large roasting pan place coarsely chopped vegetables, reserved turkey neck and giblets and stuffed turkey, breast up. Cover with foil.
- Roast at 350°F (175°C) oven for 3 ½ - 4 hours or until internal temperature reaches 185°F (85°C).
- Let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
For easy cleanup, line roasting pan with heavy duty foil.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.