Vietnamese Meatball Sandwich
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 lb||Ground pork 500 g|
|0.25 cup||Fresh Basil (60 mL)|
|4 cloves||Garlic minced|
|Green Onions finely chopped|
|1 cup||VH® Asian 5 Spice Stir-Fry Sauce 250 mL|
|0.5 tsp||Pepper 2 mL|
|1.5 tbsp||Canola Oil 22 mL|
|1||Baguette cut into 4 pieces|
|0.33 cup||Light mayonnaise 75 mL|
|2 cups||Carrot 500 mL, grated|
|1 cup||Cucumber 250 mL, julienned|
|0.25 cup||Fresh Cilantro 60 mL|
- In bowl, combine pork, basil, garlic, green onions, 1 tbsp (15 mL) VH® Asian 5 Spice Stir-Fry Sauce and pepper. Shape into 1-inch (2.5 cm) meatballs.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet, set over medium-high heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning several times, until cooked through and browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of remaining VH® Asian 5 Spice Stir-Fry Sauce to pan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Cut open bun and scoop out excess dough from inside bun. Stir remaining tablespoon of VH® Asian 5 Spice Stir-Fry Sauce into mayonnaise. Spread onto one side of bun.
- Divide meatballs evenly among buns, spooning any excess sauce from skillet over meatballs. Top with carrots, cucumber and cilantro leaves.
- Buy soft buns with a soft crust so that you don’t have to work too hard to get to the “meat of the matter”.
- You can substitute ground beef or chicken for the pork and not lose a step in flavour.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.